Alaska’s Source Group engineering team provides the support required for preliminary planning, designing, permitting through to as-built documentation as well as project management for our customer’s projects.
Our in-house, multidisciplinary capability combined with decades of experience provides an efficient process for customers who place a premium on accuracy and productivity.
By partnering engineering with our construction and splicing resources, we have the capabilities to offer a true turn-key fiber optic, copper, and coax cabling solution.
Engineering support services allows a client to realize a greater ROI on building network facilities.
Alaska’s Source Group provides the following support services:
- Alaska’s Source Group provides a feasibility study to support a business case. The study is based upon field observations, record research and years of experience. This study will give a proposal cost for the project based on our knowledge and experience. The study is based on the client’s scope of work or requirements.
- Alaska’s Source Group will design the route in the most economical fashion while keeping to industry standards and the customer’s needs both immediate and future. Design
Alaska’s Source Group is a leader in the design and implementation of fiber networks for various telecommunication companies, public utilities, governmental entities and private entities.
We offer the following:
- Fiber optic, copper, and coax communications network,transmission, and system designs
- Outside plant (OSP) design (via GPS with sub ½ meter accuracy)
- plant condition reports, and corrective solutions
- inside plant (ISP) design.
- infrastructure design
- global positioning system (GPS)
- records maintenance
- Right-of-Way (ROW) survey, and staking; permitting and licensing information
We can provide ongoing documentation to monitor progress, compliance with design criteria, current as-built records, evaluate progress, quality assurance and compliance with contractual standards/specifications.
We respond to job and design modifications.
Proposals, and Development
Alaska’s Source Group engineers assemble proposals for the design, construction, operation and/or maintenance of a network. We can provide the specifications ensuring that best value solutions are developed to address design, construction, acceptance, testing and maintenance standards.
After customer approves the design, the Alaska’s Source Group team will submit, monitor and manage all necessary permits and applications with various utilities and entities.
- State, County, and Municipality
- Army Corp of Engineers
- Private Landowners
Alaska’s Source Group provides skilled engineers with experience in the management of engineering and construction projects from modest to multi-million dollar endeavors.
An Alaska’s Source Group Project Manager can:
- Review preliminary drawings for engineering and construct-ability
- Handle negotiations and coordination
- Develop and review work plans, schedules, contract changes, manpower allocations and all project deliverance’s
- Work to develop quality assurance standards and procedures for the project and institute corrective action and follow-up
- Work with the client for the approval of any labor, materials or subcontracted charges to the project
- Ensure timely completion of all aspects of the project
Computer Aided Design
- Alaska’s Source Group uses industry standard platforms such as Auto-CAD and/or Micro-station
- Our GPS capability allows for precise design and location information to be developed and recorded, insuring exact data to result
- Building on our expertise in utility engineering Alaska’s Source Group has expanded our services to include Digital Mapping
- As-Builts (including longitudinal and latitudinal signatures for future facility identification)
All of which utilize the latest in technologies available to our engineers, project managers, inspectors, auto-cad, and drafters.